The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
Complementary Service means a service that is provided by a third party in conjunction with, or as a complement to, our Services – for example roadside assist.
Driver means the person or persons seeking to or subscribing to a vehicle.
Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1993.
Related Companies has the meaning given under the Companies Act 1993.
Services means the vehicle subscription services and the ancillary services we provide.
Website means www.turnerssubscription.co.nz and other websites and forms of social media where you post comments or we interact with you.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect may include:
- contact information
- drivers licence information
- computer or network interactions with us
- information relating to your credit worthiness
- billing or purchase information
- GPS tracking and driver behaviour data
If you do not provide Personal Information as we request it, we may limit the services provided to you.
How do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information:
- directly from you
- through your interactions with our website
- from our contracted service providers (including identity verification and fraud prevention agencies, credit reporting agencies, and debt collection agencies if you default on a payment to us)
- from your employer, company or other organisation if you use our Services under a corporate account or other arrangement
- using electronic tools fitted to the vehicle
- from publicly available sources of information
How your information is stored
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access. Those who work with us are aware of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do so.
Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
How do we use Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information to:
- provide our Services
- identify you and verify the information you have provided to us is correct
- anticipate fraudulent transactions
- assess your credit worthiness
- provide information to companies and other entities that provide Complementary Services including insurance, security, repairs and maintenance, and payment facilities
- communicate with you
- inform you of other products, services or offers available from Turners Subscription, Related Companies, or affiliates
- further develop our Services
Who do we share Personal Information with?
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our Related Companies and affiliates
- credit reporting agencies
- identity verification and fraud prevention agencies
- government agencies and regulators, or anyone else with whom we are required to share information for the purposes of complying with all applicable laws
GPS tracking or other electronic tools may be fitted to a vehicle to enable us to track or locate the vehicle, or monitor driver behaviour.
If you provide us with your email address then you have agreed to Turners Subscription providing you with unsolicited information about goods and services offered by Turners Subscription, Related Companies, or affiliates in electronic form to that email address. Every unsolicited email which Turners Subscription sends you containing information about goods and services offered by Turners Subscription will include the following:
- an unsubscribe facility which will remove your email address from the Turners Subscription database within 5 working days of Turners Subscription receiving your unsubscribe request; and
- the person at Turners Subscription who authorised the email to be sent and that person’s contact details.
You may request that Turners Subscription remove you from any or all distribution lists at any time by either contacting Turners Subscription in writing, email, or using the unsubscribe feature on an email you may have received.
You may ask us for access to, correction of, or deletion of, any personal information that we hold about you. It is your responsibility to ensure that personal information provided to us is accurate. You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you by emailing a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions relating to this policy please forward your questions via email to email@example.com or by mail to;
PO Box 1232